DSXplore: Optimizing Convolutional Neural Networks via Sliding-Channel Convolutions
- Propose and implement the first optimized design for exploring deep separable convolution on CNNs;
- At the algorithm level, we incorporate a novel sliding-channel convolution (SCC), featured with filter-channel overlapping to balance the accuracy performance and the reduction of computation and memory cost;
- At the implementation level, we build an optimized GPU-implementation tailored for SCC by leveraging several key techniques, such as the input-centric backward propagation and the channel-cyclic optimization;
- Integrate the SCC into the existing Pytorch framework as a new type of convolution operator.
- Project is now open-source at Github.